With Assura® 1-piece urostomy, the adhesive is permanently fixed to the pouch. To change the pouch, the whole system is removed and replaced.
Assura® 1-piece urostomy systems are available with flat or convex baseplates. The broad assortment consists of various pre-cut or hole sizes that can be customized, with two pouch sizes available in transparent or white.
Features & Benefits
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
With Assura® 1-piece urostomy system, the spiral adhesive has been specially adapted for the needs of people with a urostomy:
- Erosion-resistant ring within the adhesive minimizes adhesive erosion and gives the skin additional protection from the corrosive effects of urine.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 1-piece urostomy system has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Non-return valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
- Tuck-away outlet - easy to use and can be tucked away when not in use. This prevents it from rubbing on your leg, offering more comfort and discretion.
- Multichambers - the pouch has been divided into chambers that spread the urine evenly within the pouch. This allows it to have a flat and discreet profile and reduces splashing sounds.
Convexity for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 1-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
- Convex light: A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
- Convex deep: A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.