Assura® 2-piece urostomy pouch is a mechanical coupling with extra reassurance. The pouch is fixed securely to the baseplate with a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms the secure locking of the pouch to the baseplate.
Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position, without having to remove the pouch from the baseplate. The pouch can be removed from the spiral adhesive baseplate, allowing the pouch to be changed more often than the adhesive baseplate.
Assura® 2-piece urostomy pouch is available with a flat or convex, standard wear and extended wear baseplate. The broad assortment consists of a range of baseplates with pre-cut or cut-to-fit sizes that can be customized, and with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque.
Features & Benefits
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin-friendliness
The Assura® spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin-friendliness and protection from irritation
Assura® [Extra] adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is suitable for people with an ileostomy or urostomy that have a more aggressive output that breaks down standard adhesives too quickly.
A comfortable and discreet pouch
Assura® 2-piece urostomy has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Secure and easy-to-use outlet - soft plastic outlet is easy to handle, and design of the pouch ensures there is no residual urine left in the pouch after emptying
- Non-return valve - prevents the urine from washing over the stoma, reducing the risk of urinary infections.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Assura® 2-piece urostomy is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage. A special oval-shaped shell creates pressure on the peristomal skin, to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude above the skin.
- Convex light: A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
- Convex: A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.