Elastic side pulls increase sacroiliac pressure, help relieve muscle strain and supplement abdominal muscles while healing.
With compression of the pelvic region, our Sacroiliac/Trochanter Belt aids in immobilization and helps relieve muscle strain when stretched as in postpartum applications. Durable but plush, 4" high hook and loop body provides maximum support to the sacrum. Elastic side pulls increase sacroiliac support. CorEdge finish for added comfort. White. Available in S/M or LG/XL.
- S/M 28" - 37"
- L/XL 38" - 47"
Sciatica Pain; Scoliosis caused by pelvic instability; Hyper Mobility of the Sacroiliac Joints; Ligamentous Laxity due to pregnancy; Other
Trochanter Support Benefits
- Goal is to control motion of the hip joints.
- Useful in reducing inflammation.
- Relieves muscle strain supplementing stomach muscles that are stretched or weakened.
- Used for postpartum, post-traumatic and hypermobility of the hip joints.
Best used after an injury, with hyper mobility of the sacroiliac joints or after a pregnancy
- Very top lateral aspect of hip bone)
- Sacrum/Tailbone Joint (very top of crease of buttocks)
- Hip Joint (For Full hip Measurement)
Measurement Trochanter Supports
- Snug Fit Measurement: Devices are sized at a compressed fit.
- Measurement loose vs skin tight can be 2-2 ½ inches.
- Hip Measurement
- Measure at fullest part of the buttocks
- Approx: Hip joint & crease of the buttocks.
- Fitted starting in the back and finishing in the front.
- Center support from the back forward
- Top of support should be at the distal sacrum (crease of buttocks) in the back
- Top of the support should be at the groin level in the front
- Top of belt is fitted directly over the hip joint
- Normally straps fit right over left.
- Pull straps out away from body and then cross
- Add compression from bottom to top
- Sit down to check fitting. (Ease and Motion may be more limited)
- Should not dig into groin area
- Decrease compression from top to bottom
- Disengaging Velcro and attach at far posterior of belt where straps originate.
- Depending on your condition, the application of the device may need to be done by a secondary care-taker or significant other.
- Best secure fitting is with patient laying down w/knees bent.
- Hand Wash Cold, Mild Soap
- No Chlorine Additive, Hang Dry
- AVOID DIRECT HEAT