If you are feeling lethargic, fatigued, or are lacking motivation during the winter months, then you may be suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Northern Light Technologies light therapy products are exactly what you need. The TRAVelite Compact Travel Light Therapy Lamp is perfect for people on the go. It weighs only 2.5 lbs. and 2.6 inches thick, yet it has a powerful light output and is very efficient. It comes with a stand that supports it in a vertical or horizontal position, and it has a tripod mount so it can be used as a floor lamp as well.
Light Therapy Lamps are recommended by doctors and health professionals to aid in the treatment of the following symptoms:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Lack of motivation
- Weight gain
- Social withdrawal
Northern Lights products work by offering light treatment to combat these symptoms. The circadian rhythm, our bodies' 24 hour cycle, is affected by a sleep inducing hormone that is reduced when we are exposed to bright light. With just 15-20 minutes of daily exposure by sitting near a light therapy lamp in the morning, the treatment can help reduce the symptoms common with SAD and seasonal depression.
Light Therapy Light Features:
- Comes with it's own carrybag
- The fluorescent tubes last 5,000 hours
- 99% of UV radiation is blocked by an acrylic UV filter
- Light Therapy Lamps emit 10,000l lux at a distance of 16-20 inches from the source
- Lamps can be used all day long, not just for treatment (as long as the shade is turned down so the light is less intense)
- One bulb is included with this purchase, replacement Bulbs are available and sold separately.