Discover the therapeutic benefits of light therapy products from Northern Lights Technologies. Light Therapy Lamps have been proven effective in the treatment of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), lethargy, fatigue, and the winter blues. The FLAMINGO Light Therapy Lamp is a very attractive floor lamp that can be used in any room of the house for reading, while you work out, or for any other use. It uses 48 watts of power and is so efficient that it lights up the whole room. The angle of this light therapy lamp is completely adjustable for your convenience.
Light Therapy Lamps are recommended by doctors and health professionals to aid in the treatment of the following symptoms:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Lack of motivation
- Weight gain
- Social withdrawal
Northern Lights products work by offering light therapy to combat these symptoms. The circadian rhythm, our bodies' 24 hour cycle, is affected by a sleep inducing hormone that is reduced when we are exposed to bright light. With just 15-20 minutes of daily exposure by sitting near the lamps in the mornings, light therapy can help reduce the symptoms common with SAD and seasonal depression.
Light Therapy Lamp Features:
- Light measures 13 high, 7 wide, 2.5 deep and is 4-feet tall
- The fluorescent tubes last 5,000 hours
- 99% of UV radiation is blocked by an acrylic UV filter
- Light Therapy Lamp emits 10,000l lux at a distance of 16-20 inches from the source
- Light Therapy Lamp can be used all day long, not just for treatment (as long as the shade is turned down so the light is less intense)
- Available in black only
- One bulb is included with this purchase, replacement Bulbs are available for purchase separately