Prevent Sprain socks are designed to prevent and lower the severity of ankle sprains. They work at three levels: avoiding the first sprain (primary), reducing the severity of injury (secondary), and helping you return to activity (tertiary).
Features and Benefits
Support – supports weak ankles
- Stability – class II medical sock
- Performance – anti-fatigue compression
- Anti-slip – confidence to continue participating
Why wear Prevent Sprain Technology socks?
Ankle sprains are the most common injury in various sports which can often evolve into Chronic Ankle instability.
Prevent Sprain Technology socks provide active stabilization by using integrated tension straps based on the bio-mechanical principles of functional taping and ankle supports. The graduated compressive characteristics enhance venous return, reducing fatigue, which indirectly contributes to reducing the risk of ankle sprain.
The non-slip grip improves reaction time and prevents the foot from slipping inside the footwear, thus enhancing protective muscle activation.
Who is at risk from ankle sprain?
Ankle sprain is associated with sudden changing of direction, turns and braking, as well as landing on the ground (for example, after a jump). Individuals with a previous history of sprains with ligament instability are whose who present a higher risk of injury and benefit more from preventive methods.
Who should wear Prevent Sprain socks?
Athletes or non-athletes who wish to avoid their first sprain, or who are in the last phase of rehabilitation after an ankle sprain in order to return to the activity. As the severity and recovery times may differ substantially from person to person, check with your doctor or physiotherapist on the best time to wear these socks and move away from the more rigid containment methods.
Who should not wear Prevent Sprain socks?
- Athletes or non-athletes who are in the acute or subacute phase of rehabilitation after a sprained ankle.
- Individuals who present: serious circulatory problems, leg swelling due to heart problems, infections on the leg, phlebitis
- You should consult your doctor or health care professional before using Prevent Sprain Technology socks if you have: diabetes, sensory deficits, open leg sores below the knee, or if you already wear compression socks prescribed by your doctor
- 90% Nylon
- 10% Elastane
|US/Can Shoe Size||5-7||7.5-9.5||10-13|
|Eur Shoe Size||37-39||40-42||43-45|
|Calf Circumference (cm)||32-37||36-41||40-45|
|Ankle Circumference (cm)||20-22||22-24||24-27|