The FFP2 certified nanofiber respirator RespiRaptor captures viruses, bacteria, dust, smog, pollen, and allergens, thanks to its nanofiber membrane. RespiRaptor provides comfort and excellent breathability and its special shape—called the “fish-type”—offers you enough space in front of your mouth. Thanks to this shape, you will speak comprehensibly and with ease through the face mask.
Available in one universal size (L/M)
Features and Benefits
- Comfortable and very easy to breathe through and speak through
- Quality nanofibers ensure ongoing protection in both directions
- Captures up to 99.9% of viruses
- Captures bacteria, smog, dust, pollen, allergens, mold spores and other pathogens
- Certified under EN 149:2001+A1:2009 as FFP2 NR .
- The “fish-type” shape (a horizontally folded shape resembling a “fish”) fits on every face
- Ideal for people with a beard or with glasses
- Nose clip ensures that no air seeps in around the mask
- Held on your face by a new generation of elastic bands that do not make your ears hurt
- Includes a plastic buckle which you can use to hook the elastic bands together at the back of your head, to ensure an even better face-fit
- Ideal choice for everyday situations
- Lighter than size A4 paper (weighs only 4.4g)
How do Respilon FFP2 certified nanofiber respirators work?
RespiRaptor contains RESPILON® nanofiber membrane which consists of an extremely dense net of nanofibers. These fibers block out even the smallest solid and liquid particles. Moreover, it works in both ways, so it protects not only you, but at the same time the people around.
What does the respirator protect you from?
For how long can I use one RespiRaptor for?
RESPILON nanofiber respirators work on the mechanical principle.*
Contrary to ordinary respirators, the level of filtration efficiency of nano respirators stays the same regardless of air humidity (and of the humid human breath as well). Thanks to this you are maximally protected for the whole time when you have the respirator on until you take it off.
Respirators which are intended for a single use and are marked as FFP2 NR can be used safely for the whole day. If you use this respirator to stay protected against viruses and bacteria it is recommended to always put on a new respirator after you’ve taken one off. Otherwise there’s a risk of cross-contamination which means that by simply manipulating the respirator you can foul the respirator with viruses and bacteria.
* The main difference between nanofiber and ordinary respirators lies in the principle of how they capture particles. While nanofiber respirators work on the mechanical principle, ordinary respirators work on the electrostatic principle, which is their major disadvantage. That is because the electrostatic charge will discharge due to humidity. Therefore, even by simply using the respirator its efficiency dramatically decreases even after 30 minutes.
Is the “fish-type” shape right for me?
Because each face is different, both the shape and the size of a respirator must be chosen properly so that it fits well. In terms of respirator shapes you can either choose a “C-shape” (3D shape) or a “fish-type” (a fish-like shape). The “C-shape” follows the lines of the profile of your face—like the lines of the letter C.
The “fish-type” shape is suitable also for people with a beard or with glasses. Also those who need to speak for a long time with the respirator on will appreciate this shape. The shape ensures a perfect face-fit during the whole conversation.