T.E.D Anti-Embolism Stockings
T.E.D.™ anti-embolism stockings are clinically proven to reduce DVT and to promote increased blood flow velocity in the legs. T.E.D.™ anti-embolism stockings have also been shown to prevent the damaging effects of venous distension that occurs during surgery.
T.E.D. anti-embolism stockings apply the clinically-proven graduated pressure pattern of 18mmHg at the ankle, 14mmHg at the calf, 8mmHg at the popliteal, 10mmHg at the lower thigh and 8mmHg at the upper thigh. It is important to measure the patient’s leg size to assure that the appropriate pressure pattern is applied.
Features and Benefits
- To help prevent formation of Deep Vein Thrombosis
- To promote increased blood flow velocity in the legs by compression of the deep venous system
- A defined heel pocket is designed to aid in correct placement
- Inlay circumferential knit, helping to provide one way horizontal stretch
- Toe opening allows inspection of the skin and pedal pulse
- Prevents the damaging effects of venous distension that occurs during surgery
- 2 ply gusset and uninterrupted band at thigh
Stockings are not recommended for patients with the following:
- Any local leg condition in which stockings would interfere, such as dermatitis, immediate post-operative vein ligation, gangrene or recent skin graft
- Severe arteriosclerosis or other ischemic vascular disease
- Massive edema (swelling) of legs or pulmonary edema from congestive heart failure
- Extreme deformity of leg