The effective self adherent dressing for scar reduction - Sold by sheet/box
Topical silicone has empirically been shown to have positive impact on hypertrophic scars and keloids. It may take from 3 months up to a year or more to improve an old scar, depending on the condition of the scar tissue. Mepiform shall optimally be worn 24 hours a day. It is recommended that Mepiform is removed once a day, e.g. when showering or bathing, for inspection and washing of the skin. For prophylactic treatment, Mepiform shall be used for 2-6 months depending on the condition of the scar.
Benefits of Mepiform
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- No extra fixation is needed
- Mepiform is thin, flexible and discreet
- Can be worn in daily activities
- Can be reapplied
- One Mepiform product can be used for several day
Areas of use
Mepiform is designed for the management of old and new hypertrophic scars, keloids and closed wounds which may prevent the formation of hypertrophic and keloids scars.
1. Clean the wound area. If needed, cut to shape.
2. Apply Mepiform to the scar.
3.Re-apply after daily cleaning of the scar.