Research now shows that light therapy is an effective treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Northern Light Technologies offers a variety of light therapy products to combat the winter blues. The SADelite Desk Light Therapy Lamp is perfect for any office or room, and it can be used for reading, eating, watching TV, etc. It is a powerful desk lamp that is easy and comfortable to use. The height and angle of the shade are fully adjustable, making it very convenient.
Light Therapy Lamps are recommended by doctors and health professionals to aid in the treatment of the following symptoms:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Lack of motivation
- Weight gain
- Social withdrawal
Northern Lights products work by offering light therapy to combat these symptoms. The circadian rhythm, our bodies' 24 hour cycle, is affected by a sleep inducing hormone that is reduced when we are exposed to bright light. With just 15-20 minutes of daily exposure by sitting near the lamps in the mornings, light therapy can help reduce the symptoms common with SAD and seasonal depression.
Light Therapy Lamp Features:
- The fluorescent tubes last 5,000 hours, two are included.
- 99% of UV radiation is blocked by an acrylic UV filter
- Lamps emit 10,000l lux at a distance of 16-20 inches from the source
- Light Therapy Lamps can be used all day long, not just for treatment (as long as the shade is turned down so the light is less intense)
- Fully assembled and ready to use.
- 2 bulbs are included with this purchase, replacement Bulbs are available and sold separately.