The VK Raptor is a comfortable, reusable, and fully FFP2-certified nanofibre respirator that deactivates viruses!
Protect yourself and those around you thanks to accelerated copper and VK's self-sterilizing technology.
Available in one universal size (L/M). Masks come individually packaged inside the 10-pack box for convenience.
VK RespiRaptor offers continuous and fast deactivation of viruses due to accelerated copper within the mask — protecting both the user and their surroundings. It is a fully certified FFP2 NR respirator and provides long-term and repetitive protection for every user.
RespiRaptor provides comfort and excellent breathability and its special shape—called the “fish-type”—offers you enough space in front of your mouth. Thanks to this shape, you will speak comprehensibly and with ease through the face mask.
Features and Benefits
- A nanofiber membrane which captures viruses. It also captures bacteria, smog, dust, pollen, allergens, mold, and other pathogens.
- Accelerated copper in the inner and outer layer of the respirator effectively deactivates viruses from both the user and their surroundings.
- No maintenance is needed thanks to the self-sterilizing technology.
- Eliminates the risk of cross-contamination (contaminating the respirator or infecting yourself with the virus by touching or manipulating the respirator).
- An eco-friendly and economical choice because you can wear the respirator repeated
- Reusable — assuming that you wear the respirator for 5-6 hours a day, it will last up to 1 week.
- An anatomical shape and a nose clip ensure a perfect face-fit, therefore no air seeps in around the mask from undesirable places.
- Light and breathable, which makes it easy to breathe and speak through.
- Comfort is ensured by ear loops which are highly elastic, which is why they do not apply pressure behind or cut into your ears.
- If needed, to achieve the best face-fit of the respirator, the ear loops can be hooked together at the back of your head with a plastic buckle that comes with the product.
- You almost won’t feel the respirator on your face since it weighs less than size A4 paper (only 4.4 g).
- Manufactured in Brno, Czech Republic.
How do Respilon VK respirators work?
The VK RespiRaptor respirator works on the double-barrier principle where viruses are captured by a nanofiber membrane and then actively and continuously killed by accelerated copper. Thanks to that, this respirator can be considered a self-sterilizing respirator and it makes it suitable for you to wear it repeatedly for up to one week without any other need of maintenance, or until the respirator shows the signs of mechanical damage.
The nanofiber membrane of the respirator consists of fibers which are up to a thousand times thinner than the human hair. These fibers block out even the smallest solid and liquid particles. Moreover, the membrane works in both directions, so it protects not only you, but also the people around you.
The filtration of viruses of the self-sterilizing nanofiber respirator VK RespiRaptor works on the mechanical principle, where the nanofiber membrane works as a sieve which lets the air in but blocks out harmful substances. In contrast to the usual respirator which works on the electrostatic principle, the filtration efficiency of a nanofiber respirator does not decrease due to higher humidity from the human breath.
What does the respirator protect you from?
- mold spores
- exhaust fumes
For how long can I use one RespiRaptor for?
Thanks to its self-sterilizing feature, VK RespiRaptor can be taken off and worn repeatedly as needed. No additional care is required.
Respilon VK masks can be used for up to 7 days. Respilon's recommendation for the time of wear does not apply to the self-sterilizing feature of accelerated copper itself, which still works, but to the fact that repeated use makes the material of the respirator develop signs of wear and tear (the ear loops may become loose, the nose clip may also show signs of wear and tear, and more importantly, the face-fit or the adhesion of the mask may become less perfect; and Respilon considers the perfect face-fit and flawless adhesion fundamental for proper protection of your respiratory system).
Is the “fish-type” shape right for me?
Because each face is different, both the shape and the size of a respirator must be chosen properly so that it fits well. In terms of respirator shapes you can either choose a “C-shape” (3D shape) or a “fish-type” (a fish-like shape). The “C-shape” follows the lines of the profile of your face—like the lines of the letter C.
The “fish-type” shape is suitable also for people with a beard or with glasses. Also those who need to speak for a long time with the respirator on will appreciate this shape. The shape ensures a perfect face-fit during the whole conversation.