- Sticks to itself without need for adhesive, pins or clips
- Wrap stays in place - no need for frequent readjustment
- Lightweight, porous and comfortable for patients
- Helps protect primary dressings
- Good for difficult securement applications eg. Dressings on head
3M Coban Self-Adherent Wrap is a self-adherent elastic wrap that functions like a tape, but sticks only to itself. Available in sterile and nonsterile styles, and in a variety of widths and colours to meet your application needs.
- Overwrap for splints, support sprains and strains
- Secure dressings and devices
- Compression to reduce edema
- Reduce post-operative swelling
- Caution: This Product Contains Natural Rubber Latex Which May Cause Allergic Reactions (bold) (must appear in all instances)
Step 1. Unwind 12 or more inches of Coban wrap from the roll and allow the wrap to relax. It is important to unwind a sufficient length before beginning to wrap
Step 2. Without stretching, apply one full wrap and overlap. Press overlapped area lightly to keep the end in place.
Step 3. Continue wrapping - fully stretched length - applying tension to the wrap only to obtain desired compression.
Step 4. Cut off excess wrap; press end to secure. Remember to unwind more Coban wrap from the roll so that the product is not applied with too much tension