Introducing exsaltSD7 wound dressing:
Advanced silver for superior performance
exsaltSD7 is a silver wound dressing that uses a unique kind of silver technology: silver oxysalts.
Silver oxysalts offer higher oxidation states of silver* (Ag2+, Ag3+) capable of interacting with microbial DNA, proteins and lipids, as well as provide potent oxidizing action through the increased power of Ag2+,3+ for advanced biocidal activity. Consequently, exsaltSD7 has the ability to powerfully interact with microbes without needing a high content of silver to be effective*.
exsaltSD7's silver oxysalts technology, combined with a low silver content, makes the dressing safe and gentle to use. exsaltSD7 has also demonstrated only a nominal shift in pH, providing comfort for your patients without sacrificing biocidal activity.
Improve your patients' experience with silver dressings without sacrificing biocidal effectiveness!
A nominal shift in pH= comfort
In addition, the combination of unique silver technology and low silver content means the silver dressings can be produced efficiently and at a low production cost, resulting in a cost-efficientdressing.* This means potential cost savings for the management of wounds!
* Data on file.
Performance Features of Exsalt SD7 wound dressings:
- Silver in the +1,+2 and +3 valence states (highest oxidation state of silver available)
- More active silver is available to interact with harmful microbes in a lower quantity
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial action: Gram +/-, yeast & fungi
- Excellent biocompatibility
- Excellent antimicrobial activity with less total silver in dressing
Major advantages of Exsalt SD7 wound dressings vs. other silver antimicrobial dressings:
- Rapid and sustained bactericidal activity
- Broad spectrum of activity
- Cost effective, requires less silver
- Decreased likelihood of resistance
Exsalt SD7 wound dressing construction:
- Two non-adherent outer layers with an inner absorbent layer (3 layers in total)
- Exciton's unique proprietary silver oxysalt coating throughout all layers
- Smooth, breathable and flexible non-adherent, compatible with delicate skin
- Low concentration of silver for lower cost
- Easily cut-to-shape with no loose fibers
Exsalt SD7 dressings uses a unique kind of silver technology: silver oxysalts. To understand this different form of silver, a closer look at the evidence-based information can assist in understanding how it works and what clinical benefits can be expected with applying into a wound care routine.