How Mepitel One works
Mepitel One can be left in place for up to 14 days 3-7, depending on the condition of the wound. The porous structure of Mepitel One allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac wound contact surface protects the wound and peri-wound area and prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound. The Safetac layer also seals around the wound edges, preventing leakage of exudate onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk of maceration. Mepitel One is thin, transparent and has a smooth, non-adherent outer surface for optimal comformability, flexibility and ease of use.
Indications for use
Mepitel One is designed for a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiation skin reactions, leg and foot ulcers. It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Benefits of Mepitel One
• Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes.
• Can remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
• Minimizes the risk of maceration
• Maintains integrity over time; does not dry out and leaves no residue on removal
• Transparent for easy wound inspection during application and during wear
• Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear and secure adhesion
• When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with viscous exudate, Mepitel One should be covered with a moist outer dressing until hemostasis is achieved or the exudate becomes less viscous.
• When Mepitel One is used for the fixation of skin grafts, the dressing should not be changed before the fifth day post application. Warnings
• Mepitel One has a higher adhesion level than Mepitel. When using Mepitel One on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, use caution and surveillance at dressing changes.
• When Mepitel One is used on burns treated with meshed grafts, avoid placing unnecessary pressure upon the dressing. Imprints can occur if the product is not used properly.
• When Mepitel One is used after facial resurfacing, avoid placing unnecessary pressure upon the dressing and lift and reposition the dressing at least every second day. Imprints can occur if the product is not used properly.